Pig, mail # user - Don't process already processed files?

Re: Don't process already processed files?
Mike Sukmanowsky 2013-03-27, 14:05
It's probably less work to have some kind of a script control Pig execution
and keep track of what's been processed and pass in an input path to your
Pig script dynamically.  For example, you could create a
control.py/rb/shfile which would somehow keep track of what's been
processed (maybe a
simple file) and then figure out the input path to pass to pig during
execution via a parameter: pig --param
inputpath="/some/dynamic/input/path/for/pig".

You'd then setup your cron job to run your control script instead of the
Pig script directly.

--
Mike Sukmanowsky

Product Lead, http://parse.ly