Hive, mail # user - Hive query on existing HBase table

+
Vishal M. Katkar 2012-04-07, 18:43
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-04-07, 19:06
+
Vishal M. Katkar 2012-04-07, 19:22
+
Bejoy Ks 2012-04-08, 09:56
+
Vishal M. Katkar 2012-04-08, 10:30
Re: Hive query on existing HBase table
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-04-08, 15:56
Bejoy,
As Vishal said in current releases integration works only if you have
written data in hbase from hive, if you have pre-existing data in hbase,
you can't query it from hive. You need
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1634 for it.

Vishal,
No there is no new api. Nothing changes from existing ddl statements As
previously, you need to define table as external and have stored by clause
for HBaseStorageHandler. Only, extra thing you need is you need to add
following key-value in table-properties
"hbase.table.default.storage.type"="binary"
Thanks,
Ashutosh
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 03:30, Vishal M. Katkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm only able to access table records which are loaded through Hive, but
> not the one loaded through HBase
>
> This table is defined *External*, and using Hive - HBase *Storage handler*
> *
> *
> Regards,
> Vishal
>
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Bejoy Ks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vishal and Ashutosh
>>
>>         Using hive hbase storage handler it is possible to query an
>> existing table in hbase using hive, and you can load data into hbase as
>> well. And the feature is available in hive since hive 0.6 .
>>
>> JIRA:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-705 .
>>
>> wiki:   https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbaseintegration.html
>>

>> Regards
>> Bejoy KS