HBase >> mail # user >> HBase client slows down

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-10-09, 17:27
+
Doug Meil 2012-10-09, 17:32
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-10-09, 17:44
+
Doug Meil 2012-10-09, 17:50
Re: HBase client slows down
There are 2 CF on 2 separate region server. And yes, I have not pre-split
the regions as I was told that we should let HBase handle that
automatically.

Is there a way to set autoflush when using HTableDescriptor?

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Doug Meil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> So you're running on a single regionserver?
>

> On 10/9/12 1:44 PM, "Mohit Anchlia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >I am using HTableInterface as a pool but I don't see any setautoflush
> >method. I am using 0.92.1 jar.
> >
> >Also, how can I see if RS is getting overloaded? I looked at the UI and I
> >don't see anything obvious:
> >
> >equestsPerSecond=0, numberOfOnlineRegions=1, numberOfStores=1,
> >numberOfStorefiles=1, storefileIndexSizeMB=0, rootIndexSizeKB=1,
> >totalStaticIndexSizeKB=0, totalStaticBloomSizeKB=0, memstoreSizeMB=27,
> >readRequestsCount=126, writeRequestsCount=96157, compactionQueueSize=0,
> >flushQueueSize=0, usedHeapMB=44, maxHeapMB=3976, blockCacheSizeMB=8.79,
> >blockCacheFreeMB=985.34, blockCacheCount=11, blockCacheHitCount=23,
> >blockCacheMissCount=28, blockCacheEvictedCount=0, blockCacheHitRatio=45%,
> >blockCacheHitCachingRatio=67%, hdfsBlocksLocalityIndex=100
> >
> >On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Doug Meil
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >

> >> It's one of those "it depends" answers.
> >>
> >> See this firstŠ
> >>
> >> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.writing
> >>
> >> Š Additionally, one thing to understand is where you are writing data.
> >> Either keep track of the requests per RS over the period (e.g., the web
> >> interface), or you can also track it on the client side with...
> >>

> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.htm
> >>l#
> >> getRegionLocation%28byte[],%20boolean%29
> >>

> >> Š to know if you are continually hitting the same RS or spreading the
> >>load.

> >>see is
> >>should be

+