Hadoop >> mail # general >> why hadoop choose maven as its build tool?

+
smith jack 2012-05-16, 14:15
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-05-16, 14:31
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-05-17, 04:40
+
Steve Loughran 2012-05-17, 21:10
+
Keith Wiley 2012-05-17, 23:00
+
Jagane Sundar 2012-05-17, 21:23
Re: why hadoop choose maven as its build tool?
If you depend on released artifacts that you havent overridden then maven is deterministic.

If you depend on snapshot artifacts then you get the latest snapshot which could change between builds.  But you asked for that.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Jagane Sundar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hallelujah.
>
> I thought I was the only one who felt that maven's non-deterministic result was just plain batty.
>
> In this mavenized world, is it guaranteed that if I build twice using maven on two different machines in two different locations, I will get the same exact bits?
>
> If this guarantee exists, then I apologize for polluting the Internet with this posting.
> If this is not true, then this is not a build system - it is a right royal cr** shoot system masquerading as a build system.
>
> Jagane

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-05-17, 23:10
+