HBase >> mail # dev >> The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 15:49
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 16:23
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 17:48
+
Stack 2013-03-19, 19:00
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 23:30
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-20, 06:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 08:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-20, 21:39
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:50
+
Stack 2013-03-22, 04:38
+
Stack 2013-03-23, 04:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-23, 10:11
+
Stack 2013-03-23, 20:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-24, 05:56
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-26, 00:47
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-26, 20:28
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-27, 00:49
Re: The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded
In general moving from using the m1.large (2 vcores, 7.5 GB RAM) to the
m1.xlarge (4 vcores, 15 GB RAM) instance type for the slaves helped with a
build/test timeout, so now I'd about claim the test environment is sane. We
are now seeing that replication tests are flapping, occasionally timing out
internally:

See
http://54.241.6.143/job/HBase-0.94/org.apache.hbase$hbase/24/testReport/junit/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication/TestReplicationQueueFailoverCompressed/queueFailover/
and
http://54.241.6.143/job/HBase-0.94-Security/org.apache.hbase$hbase/7/testReport/junit/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication/TestReplicationQueueFailover/queueFailover/
The 0.94 and 0.94-security builds are alternating between green and red as
a result.

Perhaps we should reopen/revisit either adjusting the internal timeouts for
these tests or the other JIRA about moving minicluster replication tests to
hbase-it.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy