Accumulo >> mail # dev >> GSOC: Monitor Improvements

GSOC: Monitor Improvements
Hi all,

I would like to start writing the proposal for the GSoc. I've put together
some initial high level goals of the project. Please let me know what I can
improve.

Per table plots: Accumulo 594
---------------------

The goal of this is to display plots that explains the various activtities
that happens per table. When we go to the tables page of the monitor and go
to a specific table it displays some information in a table format. We can
argument this information by showing graphs for

1. Ingest entries
2. Ingest data size
3. Scan entries
4. Scan data size

Per tablet plots
----------------------

Same as in the table plots we can display information regarding tablet
servers in the tablet server page. The plots will display the same
information as table plots considering data per tablet server.

Trace Visualization: Accumulo 1198
----------------------------

Since we are displaying graphs about each tablet and each table we can add
major and minor compaction graph to each table and each tablet.

Or other option is to display this in a single graph in overview page with
different graph lines for different tables and tablets.

Server type information : Accumulo 807

For displaying this informations we can add a new page and display the
information as a table. The table should specify the network address of the
server, server type, weather it is active or in-active etc.

Thanks,
Supun...