MapReduce, mail # user - How do find the version of Hadoop inside a running Map or reduce task

Re: How do find the version of Hadoop inside a running Map or reduce task
David Rosenstrauch 2012-11-05, 21:02
On 11/05/2012 03:54 PM, Steve Lewis wrote:
> I need to determine what version of Hadoop is running - say under AWS - I
> really want to use an API or properties in the running code but do not know
> how - any ideas

Probably not the best way, but one possible way:  make a call to
Runtime.exec() and call "hadoop -version".

DR