MapReduce, mail # user - Re: How to make AM terminate if client crashes?

Re: How to make AM terminate if client crashes?
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2014-01-13, 16:30
The architecture is built around detachable clients. So, no, it doesn't happen automatically. Even if we were to add that feature, it'd be fraught with edge cases - network issues causing app-termination even though client is still alive etc.

Any more details on why this is desired?

+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE