Pig >> mail # user >> Embedded Pig in a Python Module?

+
Eli Finkelshteyn 2012-03-14, 06:15
Re: Embedded Pig in a Python Module?
What prevents you from collecting your embedded PIg imports/calls into a
Python module, and calling out to it from there?  As an example,
http://techblug.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/pagerank-implementation-in-pig/has
only a single file, but seems that it could be easily externalized if
needed.

Norbert

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Eli Finkelshteyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I'm currently working on a framework that's going to do some awesome
> graphing stuff grabbing data out using Pig. What I'm wondering is, is there
> any way I can put embedded pig in a module and call it that way? Normally,
> I need to run embedded pig in a Python script as something like "pig
> embedded_pig_thing.py," which I can't really do when calling it out of a
> module. Ideas? It would make the framework much cleaner if this were
> something I could do, and I imagine it would be useful to others as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Eli

+
Eli Finkelshteyn 2012-03-14, 15:11