Hive >> mail # user >> Hive command stalls

+
R J 2012-11-14, 22:27
Re: Hive command stalls
Try enabling some kind of logging on the cli by doing either of the
following, I would go with INFO first and then if that does not provide
enough information then do DEBUG...

bin/hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=INFO,console
bin/hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=DEBUG,console

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM, R J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I installed HIVE version 0.8.1 on Cigwin. I also installed Hadoop 1.0.4. I
> have set the JAVA_HOME and HIVE_HOME environment variables.
>
> I started HIVE and tried to run a HIVE command but it stalls there.
> $ pwd
> /usr/local/hive-0.8.1-bin
> $ echo $HIVE_HOME
> /usr/local/hive-0.8.1-bin
> $ bin/hive
> WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated. Please
> use org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the log4j.properties
> files.
> Logging initialized using configuration in
> jar:file:/C:/cygwin/usr/local/hive-0.8.1-bin/lib/hive-common-0.8.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
> Hive history
> file=/tmp/W19064/hive_job_log_W12345_201211141624_754894100.txt
> hive> CREATE TABLE x (a INT);
>
> Is there any way I could troubleshoot it? Thanks a lot.

+
Edward Capriolo 2012-11-14, 22:48
+
Viral Bajaria 2012-11-14, 22:50