Pig >> mail # user >> How can I pass command-line parameters with whitespace to an apache pig script?

+
Abhijit Chanda 2013-04-24, 11:25
Re: How can I pass command-line parameters with whitespace to an apache pig script?
My first though is to try

flt='\'a1==1 AND a2=2\''

but mostly want to recommend running pig with the dry run (-r or -dryrun)  flag so you can see how the substitution is being made.

David

On Apr 24, 2013, at 7:25 AM, Abhijit Chanda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to pass a filter statement with in my pig script using parameter
> substitution.
>
> For that I have tried
>           exec -param flt='a1==1 AND a2=2'filterscript.pig
>
> But sadly it is throwing an exception message
>           ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 101: Local file
> 'AND' does not exist.
>
> Pig version - 0.9.2
>
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> -Abhijit