HDFS >> mail # user >> Mutiple dfs.data.dir vs RAID0

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-11, 01:57
+
Michael Katzenellenbogen 2013-02-11, 02:12
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-11, 02:19
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-11, 15:54
+
Michael Katzenellenbogen 2013-02-11, 16:02
Re: Mutiple dfs.data.dir vs RAID0
We have seen in several of our Hadoop clusters that LVM degrades
performance of our M/R jobs, and I remembered a message where
Ted Dunning was explaining something about this, and since
that time, we don't use LVM for Hadoop data directories.

About RAID volumes, the best performance that we have achieved
is using RAID 10 for our Hadoop data directories.

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Product Manager && Data Scientist at UCI