HBase >> mail # user >> KeyValue.parseColumn

+
Vandana Ayyalasomayajula 2013-08-28, 19:46
Re: KeyValue.parseColumn
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been looking at the "parseColumn" method in  the KeyValue class of
> HBase. The javadoc of that method
> does not recommend that method be used. I wanted to know if there is any
> other existing API which can be used in
> place of the above method.

Yeah, we want to ween folks of specifying columns as "family:qualifier" and
instead have them specify the two dimensions individually.  Go ahead and
use the method if you cannot do this.

St.Ack
+
Vandana Ayyalasomayajula 2013-08-28, 23:04