Hadoop >> mail # user >> Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)

Re: Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)
On 06/14/2012 03:11 PM, Rob Marano wrote:
> Thank you, Jason!  Awesome news!  I'll be using that in our Distributed Lab at Cooper Union (cooper.edu). Perhaps Intel can come and give a seminar on it in the Fall?
>
> Looking forward to it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Rob
> --
> Rob Marano
> Adjunct Associate Professor
> The Cooper Union
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Jun 14, 2012, at 12:27 AM, Dai, Jason wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> HiBench, a Hadoop benchmark suite constructed by Intel, is used intensively for Hadoop benchmarking, tuning&  optimizations both inside Intel and by our customers/partners. It consists of a set of representative Hadoop programs including both micro-benchmarks and more "real world" applications (e.g., search, machine learning and Hive queries).
>>
>> We have made HiBench 2.1 available under Apache License 2.0 at https://github.com/hibench/HiBench-2.1, and would like to get your feedbacks on how it can be further improved. BTW, please stop by the Intel booth if you are at Hadoop summit, so that we can have more interactive discussions on both HiBench and HiTune (our Hadoop performance analyzer open sourced at https://github.com/hitune/hitune).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Jason

It would be cool to have a page (maybe on a wiki) where people could
post their cluster set-up and their results for the various HiBench
tests they run.  It would give people an easy way to validate their
set-up.  Or maybe something like this exists already?

--
Luca Pireddu
CRS4 - Distributed Computing Group