MapReduce >> mail # user >> compiling hadoop?

compiling hadoop?
Please direct me to a different forum if I am in the wrong place.

I am just trying to compile Hadoop out of the box ...

I first download hadoop-0.20.1 and untar it.  Next, I run $ANT_HOME/bin/ant,
only to get stuck at:

ivy-download:
      [get] Getting:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.0.0-rc2/ivy-2.0.0-rc2.jar
      [get] To: /xxx/hadoop-0.20.1/ivy/ivy-2.0.0-rc2.jar

(no wide area connection on the machine I am building on).  However, this
jar file already exists!  So, I tried to comment out the "get" line
in"ivy-download" target in my build.xml.  Now I get stuck on:

ivy-resolve-common:
[ivy:resolve] :: resolving dependencies :: org.apache.hadoop#
Hadoop;[EMAIL PROTECTED] <Hadoop%[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[ivy:resolve]   confs: [common]
I'm using ant 1.7.0.

Any help/pointers/resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Calvin
+
Todd Lipcon 2009-12-10, 23:47