Hive >> mail # user >> hive 0.11 on MRv1 Vs. YARN

Re: hive 0.11 on MRv1 Vs. YARN
That is such a loaded question. Technically most of the hive API is written
against hadoop 0.20.2. For example, hive does not use
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce classes it uses org.apache.hadoop.mapred
classes. But the job launching and other optimizations in yarn could mean
something, but mostly it is a question of order of magnitude of things.
Hypothetical example, yarn being able to launch a job 1 second faster may
not matter much if the job runs 10 hours.