Pig >> mail # user >> config/reference data files  for UDFS

+
Sam William 2012-03-09, 23:17
+
Alan Gates 2012-03-12, 23:24
Re: config/reference data files for UDFS
Hi Alan,

I am also curious to see how the distributed cache is used in a UDF.
However, the code you reference in the patch doesn't appear to contain
such an example.  What is the name of source file?

Thanks,

stan

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Take a look at the builtin UDF Bloom (you can see the code at https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12518116/HCATALOG-289-2.patch ) for an example of how to use the distributed cache from a UDF.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 3:17 PM, Sam William wrote:
>
>> I want to read a  small reference data file from a UDF.  How do I make use of the distributed cache  for this purpose ?
>>

>> Sam William
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+
Alan Gates 2012-03-13, 21:05