HBase >> mail # user >> How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper

+
yun peng 2013-04-16, 12:14
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-16, 12:19
+
yun peng 2013-04-16, 12:40
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-16, 13:31
+
PG 2013-04-21, 15:10
+
kishore g 2013-04-21, 16:22
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-04-21, 16:33
+
Bijieshan 2013-04-16, 12:23
Re: How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper
Have you looked at https://github.com/yahoo/omid/wiki ?

The Status Oracle implementation may give you some clue.

Cheers

On Apr 16, 2013, at 5:14 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, All,
> I'd like to add a global timestamp oracle on Zookeep to assign globally
> unique timestamp for each Put/Get issued from HBase cluster. The reason I
> put it on Zookeeper is that each Put/Get needs to go through it and unique
> timestamp needs some global centralised facility to do it. But I am asking
> how practical is this scheme, like anyone used in practice?
>
> Also, how difficulty is it to extend Zookeeper, or to inject code to the
> code path of HBase inside Zookeeper. I know HBase has Coprocessor on region
> server to let programmer to extend without recompiling HBase itself. Does
> Zk allow such extensibility? Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Yun
+