HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> There was a typo in my log4j.properties :(
>
> So it's working fine.
>
> The only INFO logs I still see are those one:
> 2013-09-03 09:53:07,313 INFO  [M:0;t430s:45176] mortbay.log: Logging to
> org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter(org.mortbay.log) via
> org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
> 2013-09-03 09:53:07,350 INFO  [M:0;t430s:45176] mortbay.log: jetty-6.1.26
> But there is only very few of them.

Pardon me JMS, but is the point that INFO log level doesn't show you enough
of what is going on?  If you have set hbase to INFO-level logging, what you
get is not enough to tell what is happening?

> Performances wise, here are the numbers (the higher, the better. Rows per
> seconds, expect for scans where it's rows/min). As you will see, 0.96 is
> slower only for RandomSeekScanTest (way slower) and RandomScanWithRange10
> but is faster for everything else. I ran the tests with the default
> settings. So I think we should look at RandomSeekScanTest but expect this
> one, everything else is pretty good.

> 0.96.0RC0 0.94.11
>  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$FilteredScanTest 10.28 10.17
> 101.12%  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomReadTest
> 966.01
> 810.58 119.18%
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomSeekScanTest 98.50
> 255.71 38.52%
>  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomWriteTest
> 39251.17 25682.11 152.83%
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomScanWithRange10Test
> 25844.88 28715.29 90.00%
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomScanWithRange100Test
> 20029.48 18022.39 111.14%
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomScanWithRange1000Test
> 2692.16 2346.85 114.71%
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$SequentialReadTest 3002.18
> 2875.83 104.39%
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$SequentialWriteTest 38995.50
> 26693.23 146.09%

Thanks JMS.  Let me dig in on the slow ones.  In general little-by-way of
profiling has been done on 0.96 so far.  Should be a bunch to clean up.

St.Ack