Pig, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Pig 0.10.1 (candidate 1)

+
Daniel Dai 2012-12-27, 19:23
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-27, 20:40
+
Daniel Dai 2012-12-29, 07:50
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-31, 16:41
+
Rohini Palaniswamy 2013-01-03, 20:11
+
Thejas Nair 2013-01-04, 02:16
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-04, 08:14
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-01-04, 09:52
+
Daniel Dai 2013-01-05, 08:08
+
Daniel Dai 2012-12-28, 18:01
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-28, 21:30
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-12-28, 22:09
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-12-28, 22:19
+
Daniel Dai 2012-12-28, 22:22
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-12-28, 20:12
Downloaded src tar-ball, built and ran simple load-dump scripts.
+1 Looks good.With couple of notes:

bin/pig in src tarball doesn't have an execute bit set, so users need to do
chmod a+x bin/pig before being able to use it. I will not consider that as
blocker, but if you re-roll next RC, it will be good to have that fixed.

There are quite a few files including but not limited to following with
missing Apache licenses. Also, almost all html files don't have apache
headers either. Since this is a dot release I don't think this is a
blocker, but before we release next major version (0.11) this should be
fixed.

conf/log4j.properties.template
conf/pig.properties
src/pig-default.properties
contrib/zebra/src/test/e2e/mergeJoin/*.pig
contrib/zebra/src/test/e2e/multi-query/*.pig
contrib/zebra/src/test/e2e/orderPreserveUnion/*.pig
contrib/zebra/src/test/e2e/pruning/*.pig
contrib/zebra/src/test/e2e/streaming/*.pig
contrib/zebra/src/test/smoke/zebra_smoke_run.pl
contrib/zebra/src/test/stress/*.pig
test/e2e/pig/tests/macro.conf

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Daniel Dai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a candidate build for Pig 0.10.1. This is a maintenance
> release of Pig 0.10.
>
> Keys used to sign the release are available at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pig/trunk/KEYS?view=markup
>
> Please download, test, and try it out:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~daijy/pig-0.10.1-candidate-2/
>
> Should we release this? Vote closes on next Friday 11am PST, Jan 4th.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

+
Daniel Dai 2012-12-21, 15:59