Accumulo >> mail # user >> C++ Pipes for Accumulo

Re: C++ Pipes for Accumulo
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Cardon, Tejay E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  All,****
>
> Is there an easy way to leverage C++ in Accumulo; perhaps something
> similar to Hadoop pipes?****
>
> ** **
>
> In my case we have some C++ code that we’d like to leverage for a
> FilteringIterator, but we’d prefer not to port it over to Java, and we’d
> like to avoid JNI if we can.

No, there isn't an easy way to do that.  It would be possible to use Hadoop
pipes with Accumulo by manually deserializing Keys, but that wouldn't help
for an Iterator.  If you go the JNI route, taking a look at the native map
code might be helpful.

Billie