Hive >> mail # user >> No java compiler available exception for HWI

Re: No java compiler available exception for HWI
We rally should pre compile the jsp. There ia a jira on this somewhere.

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013, Bing Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, Eric et al
> Did you resolve this failure?
> I'm using Hive-0.11.0, and get the same error when access to HWI via
browser.

> I already set the following properties in hive-site.xml
> - hive.hwi.listen.host
> - hive.hwi.listen.port
> - hive.hwi.war.file
>
> And copied two jasper jars into hive/lib:
> - jasper-compiler-5.5.23.jar
> - jasper-runtime-5.5.23.jar
>
> Thanks,
> - Bing
>
> 2013/8/20 Bing Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi, Eric et al
> Did you resolve this failure?
> I'm using Hive-0.11.0, and get the same error when access to HWI via
browser.

> I already set the following properties in hive-site.xml
> - hive.hwi.listen.host
> - hive.hwi.listen.port
> - hive.hwi.war.file
>
> And copied two jasper jars into hive/lib:
> - jasper-compiler-5.5.23.jar
> - jasper-runtime-5.5.23.jar
>
> Thanks,
> - Bing
>

> 2013/3/30 Eric Chu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi,
> I'm running Hive 0.10 and I want to support HWI (besides CLI and HUE).
When I started HWI I didn't get any error. However, when I went to <Hive
Server Address>:9999/hwi on my browser I saw the error below complaining
about "No Java compiler available". My JAVA_HOME is set
to /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0.16.
> Besides https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hivewebinterface.html, there's not
much documentation on HWI. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or
has any idea about what's wrong?
> Thanks.
> Eric
>
> Problem accessing /hwi/. Reason:
>
>     No Java compiler available
>
> Caused by:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
> at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createCompiler(JspCompilationContext.java:225)
> at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:560)
> at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:299)
> at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:315)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:401)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:327)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:503)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:401)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle(RequestLogHandler.java:49)