Avro >> mail # user >> How to use Apache Avro to encode the data in avro binary encoded form?

+
Raihan Jamal 2013-09-19, 01:04
+
Mika Ristimaki 2013-09-19, 08:52
+
raihan26 2013-09-19, 17:45
+
Raihan Jamal 2013-09-20, 21:44
+
Doug Cutting 2013-09-20, 22:10
Re: How to use Apache Avro to encode the data in avro binary encoded form?
Can anyone help me on this? @Doug, Any idea what can be done in this case?
A simple example basis on my code will help me to understand better...

*Raihan Jamal*
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Raihan Jamal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to use Apache Avro to serialize one of our Attributes data and
> I want to use binary encoding version for that not the JSON version. In
> this case, I don't want to serialize to disk or some avro data files. I am
> planning to write Avro binary encoded-data in Cassandra column family.
>
> Below is the code so far I have- I am not sure how to start encoding into
> binary version.
>
>     Schema schema = new
> Parser().parse((AvroExample.class.getResourceAsStream("/user.avsc")));
>      GenericRecord record = new GenericData.Record(schema);
>     record.put("vbs", "99,E,0");
>     record.put("eby", "0,E,,,,,,,15");
>     record.put("ste", "77;2,0;1,16;3");
>    // what I am supposed to do here to serialize into binary encoded
> version of Avro?
>      // then write to Cassandra here.
>  Can anyone provide a simple example basis on my code how to do that? And
> then I can use that to write into Cassandra column family.
>
> Thanks.
>

> *Raihan Jamal*

+
Akram 2014-05-11, 02:07