HBase >> mail # user >> Indexing Hbase Data

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-28, 11:45
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-01-28, 11:52
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-28, 11:55
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-28, 12:05
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-28, 12:17
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-28, 12:27
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-28, 14:53
Re: Indexing Hbase Data
Hi Mohammad,

I think I understand what you are trying to do, but I'm not really
sure there is a faster way. All the access you are doing are direct.
There is no scan. You have a direct access to look into you clauses
table, then you have another direct access based on what you found
there.

For you miles vs meters example, you access the distance you "simply"
need to have another reference table which gives you the conversion
rules. You have keys like "milesmiles" (value=1), "metersmiles"
(value=0.000621371) "milesmeters" (value=1609.34). Based on the
standard unit and what is entered you lookup for the convertion rate
into this table based on the unit of the value been put (meters) and
the standard (miles) which gives you the key (metersmiles). So each
time someone want to insert something, you lookup at the conversion
table before inserting it.

I just hope you will have hundred of thousands of conversion types
because HBase might not be the best fit for few entries only.

JM