Hive, mail # user - need helps for hive on cygwin

need helps for hive on cygwin
Ajit Kumar Shreevastava 2012-09-07, 09:04
I need some help on HIVE installation. Here is the scenario.....

I have Apace Hadoop 0.20.2 installed on Cygwin (on Windows 7). Hadoop is working fine through SSHD on Cygwin. After installing Hadoop, I have installed Hive 0.8.1 following the standard installation instructions. $HADOOP_HOME and $HIVE_HOME are both exported to PATH.

The problem I am facing is that when I type bin/hive from $HIVE_HOME I get the Hive (hive>) prompt. But when I type in something (e.g. SHOW TABLES; etc) there is no output. The cursor simply keeps on blinking.

I have tried some patches (e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-344) but it has not helped. Can somebody help?

Thanks,

Ajit
Thanks and Regards
Ajit Kumar Shreevastava
ADCOE (App Development Center Of Excellence )
Mobile: 9717775634

::DISCLAIMER::