HBase >> mail # user >> Migrate 0.94 to remote 0.96

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-11-10, 19:34
Re: Migrate 0.94 to remote 0.96
JM,

Did you look at the upgrade section in the book,
http://hbase.apache.org/upgrading.html#upgrade0.96
It does in-place upgrade of a 94 installation to 96.

In case your 96 is fresh, you could dump/copy all your 94 data under root
dir, and run the upgrade script.
No, 96 doesn't convert each table automatically, one need to use the
upgrade script.
Himanshu
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 0.94 (hadoop 1.0.3) cluster that I want to migrate to a 0.96
> (hadoop 2.2.0) cluster. However, there is no network connection between the
> 2 clusters... What's the best way to do that?
>
> I tried with a single table first. Did an extract from 0.94 to the local
> disk using hadoop get of all the files into /hbase/tablename and tried to
> re-import on the 0.96 side. I was able to see the table name, but not the
> content. I guess because of namespace and others, it's not doable?
>
> Another option is to export in CVS format, then transfer. the files, and
> re-import on the 0.96 side. But I would have liked to keep the regions
> splits, etc.
>
> So the only working option I see for now is the CVS. Any other one?
>
> Next, if I'm able to get a network between the 2 clusters, then copytable
> should be the best option? Or an I "simply" dist-cp with entire /hbase
> folder? I guess this last option is not reall correct since I will have a
> 0.94 format in the 0.96 cluster. Or will the 0.96 cluster automatically
> convert each table with is in the old format?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-11-10, 20:28