MapReduce >> mail # user >> MapReduce task-worker assignment

+
John Lilley 2013-10-05, 22:12
RE: MapReduce task-worker assignment
Thanks!

From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 6:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MapReduce task-worker assignment

Short version: MR provides all the info it can to (about all it's tasks locations) and the YARN scheduler deals with providing good locality with even assignment.

I don't have a handy link to a doc, but here is an ancient version:
http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/next-generation-apache-hadoop-mapreduce-scheduler-4141.html

You might find a more recent version of one of my talks if you try really hard... *smile*

Arun