HBase >> mail # user >> Re: ANN: HBase 0.94.2 is available for download

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-15, 17:06
+
Stack 2012-10-15, 18:39
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-16, 14:00
+
Stack 2012-10-17, 06:42
Re: ANN: HBase 0.94.2 is available for download
Thanks. I tried to call some MR using the 0.94.2 jar on a 0.94.0
cluster and it's working fine.
To install it on the cluster I have done a full install on the nodes
and re-started them one by one. Seems it worked fine.

The only issue was with the master since I don't have a secondary
master. I was on 0.94.0 so HBASE-6710 had no impact to me.

2012/10/17, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi St.Atck,
>>
>> Is the foll out upgrade process documented anywhere? I looked at the
>> book by only find upgrade from 0.90 to 0.92. Can you point me to
>> something? If there is no documentation yet, can someone draft the
>> steps here so I can propose an update to the online book?
>>

> Thanks Jean-Marc.
>
> You should be able to do a rolling restart from 0.92.x to 0.94.x.  Its
> a bug if you can't.  There is no entry in the reference guide but
> there should be if only to say this... You might want to also call out
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6710.  Folks should be
> conscious of its implications upgrading.
>
> Thanks boss,
> St.Ack

+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-17, 11:49
+
Amit Sela 2012-10-18, 15:25
+
lars hofhansl 2012-10-18, 17:02