HBase >> mail # user >> flushing + compactions after config change

Re: 答复: flushing + compactions after config change
Hi Viral,
the following are all needed for CMS:

-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70
-XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection
-XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=0
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
-XX:CMSMaxAbortablePrecleanTime=300
-XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark

and if your JDK version is greater than 1.6.23, then add :
-XX:+UseCompressedOops
-XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0
and you'd better add GC log
-verbose:gc
-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps
-XX:+PrintGCDetails
-Xloggc:$HBASE_LOG_DIR/gc.log

if your JDK version is greater than 1.6.23, then add :
-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
-XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=9
-XX:GCLogFileSize=20m

Hope that helpful.