HBase >> mail # user >> Solr & HBase - Re: How is Data Indexed in HBase?

Solr & HBase - Re: How is Data Indexed in HBase?
Jacques,

Yes. But I still have questions about that.

In my system, when users search with a keyword arbitrarily, the query is
forwarded to Solr. No any updating operations but appending new indexes
exist in Solr managed data.

When I need to retrieve data based on ranking values, HBase is used. And,
the ranking values need to be updated all the time.

Is that correct?

My question is that the performance must be low if keeping consistency in a
large scale distributed environment. How does HBase handle this issue?

Thanks so much!

Bing