HBase >> mail # user >> HBase random read performance

+
Ankit Jain 2013-04-13, 05:31
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-13, 15:16
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-04-13, 16:00
+
Harsh J 2013-04-13, 17:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-14, 21:58
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-04-15, 10:17
+
Rishabh Agrawal 2013-04-15, 10:42
+
Ankit Jain 2013-04-15, 10:53
+
谢良 2013-04-15, 11:41
+
Ankit Jain 2013-04-15, 13:04
+
Doug Meil 2013-04-15, 13:21
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-15, 13:30
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-15, 14:13
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-15, 17:03
+
lars hofhansl 2013-04-16, 14:55
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-04-16, 07:49
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-16, 08:22
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-16, 11:01
Re: HBase random read performance
Wouldn't do that... Changing block size is the last thing you want to do.

First question...

What is your key?

Second...
What is your record size that you are attempting to read.
Third...
Compare the 10k multiget versus 10k individual gets.

Fourth are your random keys sorted?
If not, try sorting them...

There are a lot of issues that can affect performance ....

Mike Segel

On Apr 15, 2013, at 3:17 AM, Anoop Sam John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ankit
>                 I guess you might be having default HFile block size which is 64KB.
> For random gets a lower value will be better. Try will some thing like 8KB and check the latency?
>
> Ya ofcourse blooms can help (if major compaction was not done at the time of testing)
>
> -Anoop-

+
Håvard Wahl Kongsgård 2013-04-14, 22:19
+