Hive >> mail # user >> Hive and CDH4 GA

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-13, 19:38
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-14, 03:27
+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-16, 21:42
Re: Hive and CDH4 GA
I see the following in build.properties :

hadoop.version=${hadoop-0.20.version}
hadoop.security.version=${hadoop-0.20S.version}

Have you tried to override the above property values when building ?

If it still fails, please comment on
HIVE-3029<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3029>
.

Thanks

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found this issue [1] and applied the patch but still the issue persists.
>
> Any different way that I should be creating my assembly (currently just
> doing "ant clean tar") so that it works with hadoop 2.0.0 on its classpath?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3029
>

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> See
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8350?focusedCommentId=13414276&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13414276
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone being using hive 0.9.0 release with the CDH4 GA release? I
>>> keep hitting this exception on its interaction with HBase.
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>> org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.getInputStream(Ljava/net/Socket;)Ljava/io/InputStream;
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.setupIOstreams(HBaseClient.java:363)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.getConnection(HBaseClient.java:1026)
>>>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.call(HBaseClient.java:878)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(WritableRpcEngine.java:150)
>>>  at $Proxy9.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine.getProxy(WritableRpcEngine.java:183)
>>>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:303)
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:280)
>>>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:332)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:642)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Swarnim
>>>

> --
> Swarnim