HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Namenode going to safe mode on YARN

Re: Namenode going to safe mode on YARN
Hi Nithin & Ted,

  Thanks for the replies.

 I don't know what my replication factor is, I don't seem to have set
anything in my configuration files. I run on a single node cluster. My data
node has gone down and came back, and also I didn't delete any of the hdfs
blocks.

 I know that name node enter safe mode when HDFS is restarted, and will
leave soon. Is it safe to execute command to leave safe mode? I mean, can
something wrong happen if we do it ourselves? because it wouldn't have
collected all the needed data and could not leave the safe mode by itself?

  And, does the error I gave above indicate some clue as to what I could do
better?

Thanks,
Kishore