From: Adarsh Sharma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 8:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Error while fetching Hive Metadata

Dear all,
I have encountered a serious problem while fetching Hive metadata
through Eclipse.
I am able to connect Hive through JDBC program in Eclipse and also able
to fetch data from it.
But when I try to connect to Hive  metadata  I got the following error :-

Driver Loaded.
Hive history file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201009201158_301097049.txt
Sep 20, 2010 11:58:13 AM
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState$LogHelper printInfo
INFO: Hive history
file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201009201158_301097049.txt
Got Connection.
Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDatabaseMetaData.getTables(HiveDatabaseMetaData.java:710)
    at test.Jdbchivemetadata.main(Jdbchivemetadata.java:15)
I use
Hadoop = 0.20.2
Hive = 0.5 with Mysql As metastore

***My work for this error***
I think hive_jdbc.jar doesn't support these features to access metastore.
I see HiveDatabaseMetaData.java and it has all methods with exceptions
'Method Not Supported ';

Can anybody please tell me how to use Hive Metadata if it is possible.
The codes are attached with mail.

Thanks and Regards
Adarsh Sharma