Hive >> mail # user >> Question regarding nested complex data type

+
neha 2013-06-20, 08:42
Re: Question regarding nested complex data type
its all there in the documentation under "create table" and it seems you
got everything right too except one little thing - in your second example
there for 'sample data loaded' - instead of '^B' change that to '|'  and
you should be good. That's the delimiter that separates your two array
elements - ie collections.

i guess the real question for me is when you say 'since there is no way to
use given delimiter "|" ' what did you mean by that?

+
neha 2013-06-20, 14:45
+
Stephen Sprague 2013-06-20, 14:56