MapReduce >> mail # user >> Cannot use env variables in "hodrc"

Re: Cannot use env variables in "hodrc"
Hello Hemanth,

I am using hadoop 1.1.1 and the hod that is distributed with it. I was able to submit an allocation request and received a Cluster Id, however I am seeing the error "Failed to retrieve 'hdfs' service address."

If you think this is due to the lack of hadoop support, then I will stop here, but I would really like to have hod on our clusters since there is significant demand for it from our researchers. I am hoping hod will not be abandoned in the near future, because it is a neat way to experiment with hadoop! I was assuming hod would be supported given that it is in the hadoop package :(

Thanks for your reply!

-Mehmet