Hadoop >> mail # user >> hadoop conf for dynamically changing ips

+
Gokulakannan M 2010-03-26, 14:31
+
Steve Loughran 2010-03-26, 14:43
+
Andrew Klochkov 2010-03-26, 14:55
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-03-26, 17:09
+
Gokulakannan M 2010-03-26, 16:39
+
Steve Loughran 2010-03-26, 17:16
Re: hadoop conf for dynamically changing ips
I have set up small, virtual clusters using avahi with success. I'm not sure
I've ever run them though an IP change though. I also don't know how much
overhead the protocol would impose on a "real" cluster. Still, it might be
worth looking into.

Cheers,
-Nick

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 26/03/2010 16:39, Gokulakannan M wrote:
>

>>> It's what I do. You just have to make sure that if the IPAddrs change,
>>>
>>> everything gets restarted.
>>>

>>        Thanks Steve for the reply. "everything must be restarted" means
>> the
>> hadoop cluster or all the systems.
>>

> just the JVMs. All JVMs cache mapped IP addresses forever, very annoying.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-34
>
> Dyndns and the like don't get a look in. It's for applet security, but
> interferes with long-lived apps. Another reason to automate restarting your
> apps regularly.

+
Owen OMalley 2010-03-26, 17:33