Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-26, 01:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:02
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-26, 23:34
Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta
Konstantin,

On Apr 26, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> Do you think we can call the version you proposed to release
> 2.1.0 or 2.1.0-beta?
>
> The proposed new features imho do not exactly conform with the idea
> of dot-dot release, but definitely qualify for a major number change.
> I am just trying to avoid rather ugly 2.0.4.1 versions, which of course
> also possible.

I'm agnostic to the schemes.

During the long discussion we had just 2 months ago, I proposed that 2.1.x be the beta series initially.

The feedback and consensus was that it wasn't the right numbering scheme:
http://s.apache.org/1j4

thanks,
Arun
+