HBase, mail # user - Hbase as mongodb

+
Panshul Whisper 2013-01-16, 10:33
Re: Hbase as mongodb
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-16, 10:45
Hello Panshul,

        Hbase and MongoDB are built to serve different purposes. You can't
replace one with the other. They have different strengths and weaknesses.
So, if you are using Hbase for something, think well before switching to
MongoDB or vice verca.

Coming back to the actual question, you can store anything which can be
converted into a sequence of bytes into Hbase and query it. Could you
please elaborate your problem a bit?It will help us to answer your question
in a better manner.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Panshul Whisper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to use hbase to query json documents in a same way as we can
> do with Mongodb
>
> Suggestions please.
> If we can then a small example as how.. not the query but the process
> flow..
> Thanku so much
> Regards,
> Panshul.