Accumulo, mail # user - Okay to purge trace table?

Okay to purge trace table?
Terry P. 2013-06-06, 18:35
Greetings all,
We have a million entries in the trace table in one of our Accumulo
clusters and a million and a half in another.  We haven't manually enabled
any tracing activities, and in looking at the entries, they seem to be
generated by Accumulo does on its own (compact, wal, getFileStatus,
minorCompactionStarted, minorCompaction, prep, commit, etc).

Does Accumulo maintain this table or do I / should I manually purge it from
time to time?  If it's on us to maintain it, are there any guidelines or a
procedure for doing so?

Thanks in advance,
Terry