Avro, mail # dev - Re: What is the status of moving from MoinMoin to Confluence? EOM

+
Doug Cutting 2010-05-31, 20:44
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 06:37
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 06:39
+
Scott Carey 2010-06-01, 06:49
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 07:06
+
Scott Carey 2010-06-01, 07:22
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 09:09
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 09:10
+
Thiruvalluvan M. G. 2010-06-02, 02:56
+
Matt Massie 2010-06-02, 14:07
+
Doug Cutting 2010-06-02, 17:39
+
Doug Cutting 2010-06-02, 18:20
Re: What is the status of moving from MoinMoin to Confluence? EOM
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-03, 05:31
So, current status is:

 * Confluence wiki is now open for anyone to edit it (per cutting).
 * I've done some content updates:
   * I've moved over the page on HowToRelease.
   * I've also copied over the Hadoop code review checklist as it was
referenced from How To Contribute.
   * I fixed the formatting on How To Contribute.
 * The website update will be built and pushed by either cutting or massie.
 * The old wiki will redirect to the new and cutting will be taking care of
that.

So, I think all that remains is the website update and the redirects to be
put in place and we can call this done!

 - Bruce

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 06/01/2010 02:09 AM, Bruce Mitchener wrote:

>>  * Confluence wiki created, I have access along with Scott Carey so far.
>>  * Send me usernames and I'll get everyone else added.
>>

> Bruce, thanks so much for driving this forward!
>
> I'm not sure that we need access controls on this wiki.  Some sites
> automatically export their Confluence wiki content to their official
> <project>.apache.com website.  For such projects, wiki contributions must
> be limited to committers.  But wikis are usually open for anyone to edit.
>  Changes to the wiki should probably be sent to dev@, so we all can
> monitor it.
>

>   * I've updated the web site source materials but have NOT pushed it as I
>> can not run Forrest currently.
>>  * Someone else should run Forrest and push the site after confirming that
>> the wiki links work.
>>

> I can do this. Are we ready to do this now?  It looks like the "How to
> Release" page hasn't yet been moved.
>

>   * How do we kill off the old wiki?
>>  * Can we set up a redirect from the old wiki to the new wiki?
>>

> Yes, I hope we can redirect things to the new wiki.  Moin moin won't permit
> us to redirect to an external site using the #refresh pragma, so I'll ask
> infra if we can set up a .htacess-based redirect. Unfortunately the new
> pages have spaces in urls (HowToContribute -> How+To+Contribute) so a
> regex-based redirect might be tricky.
>
> Once we have the redirect in place we might have a hard time viewing old
> pages, so we should probably make sure we've copied everything before we do
> this.
>
> Doug

+
Doug Cutting 2010-06-03, 22:54