MapReduce >> mail # user >> Apache Hadoop 0.23.1 Source Build Failing

Re: Apache Hadoop 0.23.1 Source Build Failing
On 9 August 2012 03:46, Pankaj Misra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Ioan for the help and sharing the link, appreciate it.
>
> The symlink as specified below already exists, and the the response of "$
> which ld" is
>
> [root@fedora-0 container-executor]# which ld
> /bin/ld
>
> Yes, I will surely raise a JIRA for this issue if it does not get
> resolved, and once I am sure that I am not missing out anything.

'ld' is there -it's returning an error about linkage problems

configure:2584: gcc -DHADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop -m32   conftest.c  >&5
/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.7.0/libgcc_s.so
when searching for -lgcc_s
/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libc.so when searching for -lc
/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.7.0/libgcc_s.so
when searching for -lgcc_s
/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory

"-m32" means 32 bit binaries -unless you can turn that bit of the build
off, you'll need the 32 bit libraries on your system as well as 64 bit ones