Pig >> mail # dev >> Propose UDF

Re: Propose UDF
A few questions:

1) Why did you try to use RANK?  I don't see how rank is part of this.
2) The semantics here aren't clear to me.  record_id appears to be crossed with name and id but name and id appear to be chosen in order.  If this is join semantics I'd have expected two more entries in B, one with (1, Alan, 8) and one with (1, Sarai, 7).  If you were just taking each element in order I'd have expected the last row to be (null, Sarai, 8) instead.
3) I'm not familiar with the name NLET.  Does that refer to a particular function or algorithm?

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE