HBase, mail # dev - establish PreCommit build(s) on EC2 Jenkins

+
Ted Yu 2013-03-28, 18:27
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-28, 22:19
Re: establish PreCommit build(s) on EC2 Jenkins
Ted Yu 2013-03-28, 22:29
bq. A vote to formally adopt Andrew's new deployment?

A vote may be needed in the future. My intention was to prepare for full
integration with JIRA system. See third answer below.

bq. A resolution to fund the environment via Apache?

Outside scope of my initial email.

bq. Someone to get INFRA to provide this for us?

I doubt INFRA has bandwidth to cover this request.
We can create a PreCommit build which accepts JIRA number as input. Before
QA run is tied up to JIRA system, one of the admins has to trigger QA build
for that JIRA number.
Once proof of concept passes, we can request INFRA to point Hadoop QA at
EC2 Jenkins.

Thanks

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ted,
>
> What are you asking for specifically? A vote to formally adopt Andrew's new
> deployment? A resolution to fund the environment via Apache? Someone to get
> INFRA to provide this for us?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I mentioned this initiative in the thread Andrew started.
> > As of my latest check, Apache Jenkins is still down. It has been off most
> > of time this week.
> > So we need to find an alternative.
> >
> > Besides, we need EC2 where hostnames regularly contain hyphens. On the
> > Apache Jenkins, it wouldn't be easy to test the fix for the following
> JIRA:
> > HBASE-8207 Replication could have data loss when machine name contains
> > hyphen "-"
> >
> > Please comment.
> >
> > Thanks

+