MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Commit MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21

Re: [VOTE] Commit MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21
It will be nice to have this in. +1
On 9/18/09 10:24 PM, "Hong Tang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MAPREDUCE-728 could not make the code freeze deadline primarily it
couples closely with JobTracker and that there are quite a few late
patches that changed the APIs it depend on. It passed testing on
Hudson on Thursday night. All new changes I added in the latest patch
(thanks to Chris for his assist in the process) are trivial changes to
accommodate either API changes or build changes (e.g. avro bumps up
version from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0).

The patch adds a new MapReduce simulator, Mumak, as a contrib project.
it has sufficient usage to help us understand, debug, profile, and
design-proof JobTracker or scheduler.

Given the circumstances, I would like to request a vote to commit
MAPREDUCE-728 to Hadoop 0.21.

-Hong