Hadoop, mail # dev - making a hadoop-common test run if a property is set

+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-14, 17:56
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-14, 18:57
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-17, 10:06
+
Tom White 2012-12-17, 16:06
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-17, 19:03
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-18, 09:05
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-18, 10:32
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-18, 09:11
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-18, 10:25
Re: making a hadoop-common test run if a property is set
Steve Loughran 2012-12-18, 16:42
On 17 December 2012 16:06, Tom White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are some tests like the S3 tests that end with "Test" (e.g.
> Jets3tNativeS3FileSystemContractTest) - unlike normal tests which
> start with "Test". Only those that start with "Test" are run
> automatically (see the surefire configuration in
> hadoop-project/pom.xml). You have to run the others manually with "mvn
> test -Dtest=...".

thinking some more (especially, how to make subclasses of
FileSystemContractTestBase optional without patching that base class), we
could add public static suite() methods to the child classes and have them
skip all the tests if they are optional.

I haven't abused the suite() method for a while; it used to be the only way
to do parameterized tests, but in theory this should work -though there's
the maintenance overhead of keeping the list of test methods to return up
to date