Pig, mail # user - distributing macros in a jar?

+
Matthew Hayes 2012-06-08, 01:13
Re: distributing macros in a jar?
Alan Gates 2012-06-15, 15:56
It's definitely a reasonable thing to do, but it hasn't been added yet.  Ideally registering a jar of macros would make them available, just as registering a jar of UDFs does.

Alan.

On Jun 7, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Matthew Hayes wrote:

> According to the documentation it looks like the only way to share macros is through a file.  What about importing a macros file from a resource stored in a jar?  Has this been considered?  I was thinking of sharing some macros with the datafu library and it seems this would be a convenient way of doing it.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
+
Matthew Hayes 2012-07-30, 22:28