Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Merging Practices

+
Mike Drob 2013-07-06, 20:36
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-06, 22:05
+
Mike Drob 2013-07-06, 22:57
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-07, 00:53
Re: Merging Practices
Well, there are no changes to the future branches, so "just merging"
involves no action. I guess I'll just leave the merge-info as is until Git
happens and then we can just slap in a few merge commits.
On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, at one point 1:HEAD was clean, but since i don't remember when that
> was, it was probably a while ago :P
>
> I don't think it would be out of line to just merge your changes. Probably
> not a huge deal with the Git switchover (hopefully) imminent.
> On Jul 6, 2013 6:57 PM, "Mike Drob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Josh, that helped me start in the right direction.
> >
> > Going from 1.4 src/core to 1.5 core, I'm getting a ton of conflicts along
> > the way. Since this commit _should_ be a no-op on 1.5, I'm safe just
> doing
> > a "mine-full" on everything, right? I'm starting to think that doing a
> > merge of "1:HEAD" might be too wide of a range.
> >

> > On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I believe all you need to do by hand is to merge src/${module} in 1.4
> > > ${module} in 1.5. You just can't merge 1.4 directly in 1.5.
> > >
> > > 1.5 to trunk should be straightforward.

> > trying
> > me
> > am