Pig >> mail # dev >> Making git the repo of choice for Pig?

Re: Making git the repo of choice for Pig?
The fact is that git does not impose a development model, so it requires a
bit more self discipline compared to svn.
For example, let's say you create one branch for every Jira.
And imagine you want to keep posting patches to Jira so that people can
download and apply them, or have an equivalent.
The patch in git would be the diff between the last commit before the merge
and the start of the branch.
But then you must be very careful with not cross merging among branches, no
cherry-picking, and be very careful with rebasing.
What do you do if your brach cannot merge and you need to rebase it?
What if other people had branched off your branch and you rebase it?

These are not issues that cannot be solved but it takes a bit of discipline
and thought on how to design and integrate the new development model.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco