MapReduce, mail # user - how to use hadoop apis with cloudera distribution ?

how to use hadoop apis with cloudera distribution ?
Marcos Ortiz 2011-03-08, 15:22
On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 07:16 -0800, Mapred Learn wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I downloaded CDH3 VM for hadoop but if I want to use something like:
> >
> > import org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration;
> >
> > in my java code, what else do I need to do ?

Can you see all tutorial that Cloudera has on its site
http://www.cloudera.com/presentations
http://www.cloudera.com/info/training
http://www.cloudera.com/developers/learn-hadoop/

Can you check the CDH3 Official Documentation and the last news about
the new release:

http://docs.cloudera.com
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/category/cdh/

> > Do i need to download hadoop from apache ?
No, CDH beta 3 has with all required tools to work with Hadoop, even
more applications like HUE, Oozie, Zookepper, Pig, Hive, Chukwa, HBase,
Flume, etc

> > if yes, then what does cdh3 do ?
The Cloudera' colleagues has a excelent work packaging the most used
applications with Hadoop on a single virtual machine for testing and
they did a better approach to use Hadoop.

They has Red Hat and Ubuntu/Debian compatible packages to do more easy
the installation, configuration and use of Hadoop on these operating
systems.

Please, read http://docs.cloudera.com

> > if not, then where can i find hadoop code on cdh VM ?
> >

> > I am using above line in my java code in eclipse and eclipse is not able to find it.
Do you set JAVA_HOME, and HADOOP_HOME on your system?

If you have any doubt with this, you can check the excellent DZone'
refcards about "Getting Started with Hadood" and "Deploying Hadoop"
written by Eugene Ciurana(http://eugeneciurana.eu), VP of Technology at
Badoo.com

Regards, and I hope that this information could be useful for you.

--
 Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
 Software Engineer